Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Creeping Crud

 If only my fever dreams were this awesome

You know what's worse than being sick? Being sick and knowing you eventually have to go to sleep. Normally I look forward to a good night's sleep. Unfortunately when the creeping crud decides to pay one a visit sleep offers little relief and is often just the interlude to your symptoms getting exponentially worse.


Now I've got some friends who just love getting sick, it's like an unexpected holiday for them and an excuse to do fuck all with zero repercussions. I've never seen the draw in this as being sick is usually one of the more miserable times I am "graced" with every year. It just sucks the fun out of everything you do. Sure you could do some hardcore grinding on your WoW character or find all the Riddler trophies in Arkham City but blast it all if the whole damned experience is marred by the fact you're breathing through your mouth and swallowing mucus every few seconds down the thorny hole of fire that is now your throat.

The snot, oh dear god the snot. It's this twisted balancing act to try and keep it from stopping all air flow in your nostrils. Though of course it all clears up when you stand, which when sick is a feat all on its own. Where the hell is the logic in that? If science is so smart why hasn't it invented a small vacuum for home use that would just roto rooter the shit out my sinuses and suck the mucus right out? Seriously, the mucus is the worst part of it all for me. I could easily deal with the rest of the symptoms if my freaking nose was clear.

Of course if wishes were fishes then beggars would eat, as my Grammy says. Still, knock on wood that it's not any worse. With any luck it'll will be cleared up by the weekend and I can start on that feminist film essay. No offense ladies, but feminism is boring to research.

No comments:

Post a Comment